Subject: Re: [Leica] Distortion
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 18:56:55 -0800

Bob,

>Could someone translate all this wonderful technical information?  Am I
>correct in the following assumptions regarding the 21mm lenses:
>
>Super Angulon f/3.4   No distortion
>Elmarit-M f/2.8 ASPH  Very slight
>
>Where would the Elmarit non-ASPH fit?  More or less that the ASPH?

Yeah, the old Elmarit I guess could be referred to as having 'slight'
distortion, if the ASPH has 'very slight'. All these 21's have negligible
distortion for most purposes, but then these are Leica lenses, and so held
up to a higher standard :-).

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com