Subject: Re: [Leica] Give it up?
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 03:40:39 +0000

On  1 Feb 98 at 23:45, Norman Milks wrote:
> Several years ago when I came to Alaska, and once again became
> inflamed with Leica desire, I called Don Chaterton looking for some
> SM stuff.  He said that he had recently sold all of his SM stuff,
> and he went on to say that, the SM's have had their day, give it up.
> (paraphrased)
>
> I take pride in my cameras and care for them.  But I'm wondering if
> perhaps Don was right.

I guess Mr. Chatterton changed his mind, because he's certainly been
selling screw-mount equipment for the past couple of years and is
advertising a bunch of it on his web site right now.

Mr. Chatterton does make lots of remarks that strike me as
inexplicable.  But there're always a host of people on this list who
will come up with explanations for them, and that probably applies to
this instance, as well.

- -Patrick