Subject: Re: [Leica] Jazz Photography
From: dannyg1 <dannyg1@IDT.NET>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 16:07:32 +0000

> I've been asked to do some publicity shots of local jazz musicians.
> Any thoughts?

I spent a good part of December shooting jazz shows everyday. My most used lens
was the 180/2.5 and my second most was the 85/1.2. Two lenses I wished I'd had
were the Nikon 105/1.8 and a 300/2. There really isn't a focal length that is all
wrong for nightclub shooting and so, if it's even mildly fast, you'll probably make
good use of it.

As for film, there's really no contest: Fuji Neopan 1600 is the finest high speed film
I've ever used and the only one I'll use for 35mm night work. The difference
between this and the Kodak TMZ3200 is huge. The Fuji is much finer grained and
has much better mid tone seperation. I shoot it at ISO 1000.