Subject: Re: [Leica] Jazz Photography
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 17:35:11 -0500

At Thu, 05 Feb 1998 16:07:32 +0000, dannyg1@IDT.NET wrote:

> As for film, there's really no contest: Fuji Neopan 1600 is the finest
> high speed film I've ever used and the only one I'll use for 35mm night
> work.  The difference between this and the Kodak TMZ3200 is huge. The
> Fuji is much finer grained and has much better mid tone seperation. I
> shoot it at ISO 1000.

HUH?  Has there been a huge change in Neopan 1600 in the past 7-8 years?  I
recall it as having been no contest, all right, but because the Neopan seemed
to have fist-sized clumps of grain by comparison to TMZ.  I had it filed in
my head as something to reach for if I thought a picture would look best with
serious grain (but I didn't want to go so far as to trot out the Tri-X in
Dektol trick).

 -Jeff