Subject: [Leica] qualty, qualty, quality, quality.....
From: MyersPete@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 04:38:56 EST

quality, quality, quality, quality
....floating down the stream
quality, quality, quality, quality
....at leica's, its a dream!

Sing it!

Let's get it into a round!

First section, start!

Now, the second section!

Sorry Leica! I just could not resist!! Its been a long week with the rejection
of my second lens. I have also received a lot of kind notes and posts from
this group indicating that my problem is not isolated. Lots of lenses and
cameras going back for replacment - often times, again and again. I should
start a chart! Maybe Leica would give us all a "I survived Leica!" T Shirt if
we were to trade them for our list! hee hee hee

I now see why a number of you stick with the same camera and lens for decades.
While I'm sure the camera works for you, in light of this week, why take the
risk! hee hee hee

Ted, sign me up for that wedding photography plan! I may need to buy a few
spare R8s and lenses - you know, one to shoot and two to go back to the shop!
hee hee hee

Well, maybe I will hear from Leica soon - after they get up off the floor
laughing for the small spec that is on the lens I rejected. But then again, I
can see it with my glasses off, so how small could it be?? hee hee hee

I was so upset about all this defect stuff that I almost became a turncoat
this week - perhaps wondering over to the Contax camp. But, three is the
charm, isn't it???? My wife has a theory that if you get something that is
messed up, no matter what, you have to return it twice more - it just seems to
be some kind of a law of nature. I was laughing it off when I unwrapped the
new lens as I knew that Leica had 'hand inspected' it in New Jersey before it
was shipped. Well........as my wife says, three is the charm.

Besides the rough week, me almost becoming a Contax turncoat for real, I would
like to thank Brenda and the crew at New Jersey for trying to make it happen
with the replacment lens. I know that they had to do some trading back with a
dealer to get a lens, as there are none in Solms. They did want me to have a
perfect lens - it just did not turn out that way.

Speaking of which, why does Solms not have a stack of R35mm f2 ROMS in
stock?????? Are they switching over to an aspheric production????????? Or are
these qualities issues an indication that there has been a production
problem?? Or do they just do everything in batchs? If its sprint time, it must
be R35s and R85s - Fall means 100 APOs??? Any one have a clue??

best wishes on your future lenses being flaw free!

Pete Myers