Subject: Re: [Leica] f2/50mm Lens shade -- 12538
From: Lucien_vD <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 06:51:13 -0500

Marc James Small wrote:
> This is the clip-on lens hood for the next-to-latest version of the >2/=
50
Summicron -- >same optical formula, but without the inbuilt lens hood,
Leica 11819.
> The hood is a cheap and junky affair which even I, who forgive Leica
>most errors, found >absolutely abyssmal.
Bill Caldwell answered:
>Marc, I agree.  Lens shade 12538 is a flexible flyer, in that the hard
>plastic ring distorts when you depress the clips to put it on or off the=

>lens -- and in doing so the clips mar the outer lens ring.  ...
>For someone who never removes the
>12538 lens shade from the lens, or never reverses it on the lens for
>storage, or never takes it off to place a lens cap on the f2/50, this
>particular lens shade will be a good buy.

Marc & Bill,

I agree with both of you, =

but I once drop a Summicron 50 on concrete, with that lens shade
on it and it act like a nice little bumper !
My 50/2 is still like new.
I'm sure that I will not had the same result =

with the latest version with inbuilt lens hood.
:-=A7

Lucien
BELGIUM