Subject: Re: [Leica] f2/50mm Lens shade -- 12538
From: WILLIAM CALDWELL <sneeker@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 00:46:13 -0500

SNIP --
Marc James Small wrote:
> This is the clip-on lens hood for the next-to-latest version of the >2/50 Summicron -- same optical formula, but without the inbuilt lens hood, Leica 11819.
> The hood is a cheap and junky affair which even I, who forgive Leica >most errors, found absolutely abyssmal.

Marc, I agree.  Lens shade 12538 is a flexible flyer, in that the hard
plastic ring distorts when you depress the clips to put it on or off the
lens -- and in doing so the clips mar the outer lens ring.  This lens
shade sits next to my computer, waiting for me to type up a "For Sale --
Cheap" ad for the Leica Catalog.  For someone who never removes the
12538 lens shade from the lens, or never reverses it on the lens for
storage, or never takes it off to place a lens cap on the f2/50, this
particular lens shade will be a good buy.

Bill Caldwell