Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: [Rollei] Jazz Photography
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 20:30:30 -0600

At 11:43 PM 2/5/98 -0500, you wrote:

>If there is anyone who has lost patience with the media it is anyone who
>has watched them do their thing of the past 30 years! Degrading
>dramatically in the past 20! To an abominable manner in the past 10 years!

Ted,

Stop watching so much TV.  :-)

The VAST majority of news photographers are still pretty decent people.
It's the few who you see on TV (like in Washington, and when some big thing
happens in small towns and get invaded by the same old people from the "big
networks and papers" that end up making the rest of us look bad. That being
said, I think that if pressure from people to make our papers more
sensational would stop (like if they'd read the good ones and not the
National Enquirer), they'd have a lot less to complain about because the
good papers will have more resources to work with.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Never forget: 2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.