Subject: Re: [Leica] Trimar at PMA! Hot Tip, Guys! Bring Checkbooks!
From: dannyg1 <dannyg1@IDT.NET>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 02:13:59 +0000

> >I have just heard that Leica will unveil next week a new lens for the M
> that is a variable focal length.'

It will be interesting to see if Contax releases an identical lens for the G2. A lens like
this has been rumored for Contax for a good 2.5 years. When I first heard the
Tri-Elmar speculation, it was the first sign of a Leitz/Contax Japan partnership.
Since then, we've had the 35-70, 80-200 and possibly the R8 (which has a few
previously Contax exclusive features, such as the spot-flash meter of the RTS3).

DG