Subject: [Leica] Advice: R3: Repair or not?
From: Michael Eyrich <michey@prz.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 15:48:19 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

I'm owner of a used R3.

Because of getting pictures out of focus I sent the R3 to Leica
and learned that they would repair it at a cost of 970 DM.

They said, it is a shock damage---I can't even remember, when it
should get shocked---and therefore the rewinding mechanism, power
switch and all seals need to be replaced.

My dealer says, that Leicas seem to be very solid, but I actually
know of three (used) R3 which do not show this solidness ...

What's your opinion about it?

Is it worth to repair or do I better try to get another
used Leica (e.g. R4) ?

Thank you.

* Michael Eyrich, PRZ, TU-Berlin, FB Informatik     +49-30-31426713  *
* michey@prz.tu-berlin.de  **  http://www.prz.tu-berlin.de/~michey/  *
 Key fingerprint =  BA E3 94 1B F7 75 6C BB  22 7D B3 73 71 0D FA 36