Subject: Re: [Leica] Defective Lens
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 08:30:10 -0800

David Scott wrote:

> How would a dealer know of a defective product if it is new and sold in a
> sealed box? I believe that the majority of dealers we have mentioned on this
<snip>

I would not buy a new car from a dealer without looking it over first.
And the same with a camera and lens.  I would open the box, take the
product out, and inspect it right in front of the dealer.

If I could not find a dealer that would let me do this, with the clear
understanding I would not be purchashing the product unless it met my
expectations, then I had just as well order the camera from New York.

This is all obvious now that it have put it down in black and white.

So I expect what you are saying David is that all mail order dealers
send unopened boxes that were sealed at the factory.  If so that is
something to consider when deciding to buy locally or by mail order.

The big problem for me is the over 8% sales tax in the State of
Washington.  Buying locally is going to cost me big bucks.    Dale
- --
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $