Subject: Re: [Leica] Defective Lens
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 10:30:48 -0600

At 09:34 PM 2/6/98 -0800, you wrote:

>What I want to know is...  Are their any dealers that would never ever
>mail you a defective product?

First of all, you need to understand Leica buyers. Many of them don't want
the seal broken on the box. How can the dealer check those lenses, or be
willing to break the seal on the chance they will have it rejected by the
next buyer because it was opened if you don't buy it? It's up to Leica to
QC their lenses. Let's hope this is a short-term trend. I have yet to ever
buy a defective lens from Leica. But then, I buy more lenses used than new.
:-)

I knew a dealer in Edmonton, Alberta who had a customer who bought four of
each item Leica put up for sale. Two he used and two he put in a safe
deposit box unopened. The latter two had better be sealed on delivery.

Imagine owning four 800 6.3 Telyt-S lenses? Sheesh!

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Logic: The art of being wrong with confidence...