Subject: [Leica] What exactly is a Leitz Ic enlarger?
From: "Don J. Rorschach" <75051.2525@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 10:16:41 -0500

I would recommend the Focomat Ic many times over the V model even though
the Ic's autofocal range is limited to 10X.  It was necessary to over
develop the negatives to secure reasonable contrast with the V model.  It
is my opinion the V is just not as robust as the Ic.  At $450.00 and your
APO lens, I suggest you purchase the Ic, try it and if you think you would
like the V, purchase the V, compare it with the Ic and sell the one you do
not like.  You will always be able to get your money out of the Ic if you
give no more than $450.