Subject: [Leica] Defect-a-go-go
From: MyersPete@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 03:11:50 EST

Dear LUGnuts:

My new theme is "defect-a-go-go". Which simply means that I am hoping that the
problems will soon be behind me and I will be moving forward to making images
(thanks Bill for the enjoyable chat! your point is well taken to concentrate
on moving beyond the problem stage).

Pascal, thanks for your voice and a reminder of your own experience. I am
happy to hear that your being in Belgum was no different then my experience
here. It sounds like these defects are showing up in all markets.

BTW, I do not recall what happened to your R8 body that required service? Pray
tell!

Robert, your point about dealer support was a wise one. Jim had pointed this
out to me previously as well. I have been working with Lisa at WB Hunt -
outside Boston - for years. She has provided me with both price and support
through my many years of Canon use. However, now that I have switched to
Leica, they just do not have the stock on hand. Which limits what they can do
for me. Perhaps as a result of this experince, I will have to make a different
choice - perhaps pay the additional mark up and tax and stay local or use a
LUG suggested dealer with deep stock (in any part of the world).

Pascal and I have the same question from two sides of the ocean and a contient
in between; why does Leica (where ever they are) have stock that they can
deliver within days to resolve such problems if there are going to be such
problems? This seems like a Solms managament issue that might be resolveable.

I did think of switching out of Leica for Contax. But, the Leica glow is
seductive and I dont want to leave it. However, if I continue to have a
cascade of problems, I will.

I am hoping that in about two weeks I will be able to report back to LUG that
this was all a bad dream and it is over! Then, on with the show!!

Pete