Subject: Re: [Leica] Defect-a-go-go
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 11:28:10 +0000

On  9 Feb 98 at 3:11, MyersPete@aol.com wrote:

> Robert, your point about dealer support was a wise one. Jim had
> pointed this out to me previously as well. I have been working with
> Lisa at WB Hunt - outside Boston - for years. She has provided me
> with both price and support through my many years of Canon use.
> However, now that I have switched to Leica, they just do not have
> the stock on hand. Which limits what they can do for me. Perhaps as
> a result of this experince, I will have to make a different choice -
> perhaps pay the additional mark up and tax and stay local or use a
> LUG suggested dealer with deep stock (in any part of the world).

Hello, Pete -- I lived in the Boston area for quite a few years,
although now I'm in Palo Alto.  I always found it fun to visit W.B.
Hunt, and I did quite a bit of shopping there, but on the one
attempt I made to purchase R equipment from them I had a frustrating
experience and ended up buying by mail order.  As to local dealers
- -- Park Street Photo in downtown Boston is a Leica dealer run by an
older gentleman who knows his stuff and has a good stock of
equipment.  It's true, parking is difficult and the store has the
feeling of catering to wealthy amateurs rather than pros, but they
are very nice to wealthy amateurs, and new Leica equipment isn't
discounted anywhere I know of anyway.

Best of luck to you.

- -Patrick