Subject: Re: [Leica] OFF TOPIC -computer help
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 15:57:32 +0000

Dick wrote:

>Computer literate LUGS,
>
>This has a Leica connection.  I want to scan the slides what I have taken
>with my Leicas, etc.  My computer has been coming up with the dreaded blue
>message and shutting down my program:
>
>"A fatal exception 0E has ocurred at 0028:C1F87822 in VXD SYSUTIL (01) +
>00000566"
>
>I get this message with slight changes: C1F876F6  or C1F8E736, but the rest
>is the same.  I think this has to do with a virtual driver (Win95) and may
>have been caused by my cleaning up my hard drive and removing some programs.
>
>Does anyone know what this is??  Or how do I get the codes to read it???
>And how to fix it???

Sadly I haven't a clue how to fix your PC problems, but the short answer to
your scanning  needs is to get yourself a PowerMac with plenty of memory. I
have 144Mb on mine, and Photoshop is _fast_.

Come to think of it, there ain't too much difference between LUGnuts and
MACnuts;-?

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst