Subject: Re: [Leica] OFF TOPIC -computer help
From: Bill Godwin <newsdog@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 13:11:53 -0500

Dick Hemingway wrote:

> Computer literate LUGS,
>
> This has a Leica connection.  I want to scan the slides what I have taken
> with my Leicas, etc.  My computer has been coming up with the dreaded blue
> message and shutting down my program:
>
> "A fatal exception 0E has ocurred at 0028:C1F87822 in VXD SYSUTIL (01) +
> 00000566"
>
> I get this message with slight changes: C1F876F6  or C1F8E736, but the rest
> is the same.  I think this has to do with a virtual driver (Win95) and may
> have been caused by my cleaning up my hard drive and removing some programs.
>
> Does anyone know what this is??  Or how do I get the codes to read it???
> And how to fix it???
>
> Thanks
>
> Dick Hemingway
> Norman, OK

  Dick
This is the dreaded blue screen bug in Win95.  Drill to miscrosoft.com/windows95
and checkout download file updates/patches and you will find the fix.  There are
also some Knowledge Base articles on the subject.  Sorry, I do not have the
exact URL.  At this time of day 1pm EST the Microsoft web site is VERY slow.

Hope this helps.  I'll get the exact URL for you tonight unless I see a post
from you saying you found the fix.

Bill