Subject: Re: [Leica] 50mm Noctilux Experiences
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 20:13:30 +0000

>The lens I have never used is the 50/1.4 Summilux.  Perhaps someone can
>convince me that this is a superior lens when compared to the Summicron or
>Elmar.
>
>Happy Shooting,
>
>Richard

For 50mm, I have an Elmar  SM 3.5 coll, an Elmar-M 2.8, a summicron
(current version), a Summilux (late version) and just acquired a Noctilux
(60) late version.  They are all great lenses with "personalities" inherent
in each of them.  The summicron is sharp.  The Elmar 3.5 is nice and
compact.  The Elmar 2.8 is nice, compact and fast.  The Noctilux purrs at
f1.0 - f1.4.  As an all rounder, the Summilux is the best.  It is fast
enough, sharp enough, not too heavy and versatile.
You MUST have a summilux in your repertoire.  Otherwise, it is just not
complete.

Dan K.