Subject: [Leica] Leica survey/M3 question/Visoflex II FS
From: BBAIN@imnet.com (BBAIN)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 12:23:41 -0500

          Leica M   -Y (M3 - 50mm, 90mm 135mm lenses)
          Leica R   -N
          Canon EOS -Y (Elan IIe - nice camera for sports)
          Mac       -N
          PC        -Y
          Dog(s)    -Y(3 - blk lab (old faithful), bassett hound (4 legged
          doorstop), australian cattle dog(she don't need no automatic
          camera!)
          Car       -Y(Alfa Romeo Spider- who needs a wagom for an M3
          outfit?)
          left Hand -N
          left eyed -Y
          Understanding wife  - N(wife yes, understanding - no)

          Question:  My M3 has the "old speeds".  My only real complaint is
          that the black on chrome shutter speed dial is quite difficult to
          read in low light.  would it be possible to convert it to "new
          speeds" and then use a shutter speed dial from an black M4 or
          M4-2?

          For Sale:  Visoflex II w/4x 90 degree finder.  Rear cap but no
          front cap  for mirror box.  Clean, but has some dust, etc. on
          either the viewing screen or in the finder (I can't remember).  I
          just don't use it and the wife (see above) says that I've got to
          clean out stuff since I got the Canon.  I've used this with my M3
          and my 90mm Elmarit for macro pictures (the Visoflex acts like an
          extension tube), but it looks like the Canon will take over that
          task.  $60, including UPS ground shipping in continental U.S.

          Bill Bain
          Atlanta GA