Subject: [Leica] Advise on Body Evaluation and Lens Suggestions
From: John.Beal@orst.edu
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:49:15 -0800

Dear Folks,

I've lurked in this group long enough to take the plunge and become a
bonafide LUGger.  I've taken order of a user M-3 and need any advise to help
me determine if the camera is a quality used camera or just abused.

Based on several Leica homepages, I had originally planned on purchasing a
version three Summicron 50mm/2.0, but I found a good deal on an older
Summilux 50mm/1.4.  Because I enjoy available light shooting, I figured the
extra stops would come in handing, but know I'm having doubts.  Is the
Summilux a good lens, or should I sacrifice the extra stops and go with a
Summicron.

Any advise on both matters are welcomed.

Thanks,
John Beal II