Subject: Re: [Leica] Universal handgrip/cable release
From: dvcinc@swbell.net
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 16:41:46 -0800

Ken Wilcox wrote:

> Friends:
>
> I received today a Universal Handgrip 14239 that I plan to use with my 200
> and 400 Telyts on my M and R cameras. It seem to be a wonderful piece and
> makes holding the 400 much easier.
>
> The handgrip has a tube near the lens attachment point that appears to be a
> place to mount a cable release which will be needed with the 400. My Leica
> double cable release (which works great with the 200 or 400, Viso II and M)
> fits nicely into this tunnel.
>
> My question. Does/did Leica make a single release with this large diameter
> top end that will fit this space. A single release would be handy when
> using the 400mm on an R camera. (otherwise I need a third hand as one holds
> the grip and the other hand focuses)
>
> tia
>
> kw (Ken Wilcox)
>
> ----
> Ken Wilcox                                Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
> LHSA, MEA, LAW                         preferred--->
> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
>                                               <kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>

Yes, and they probably still offer it. I do not know the number right
now, but I have one. The release connects to the motor/winder. It may
not work with the R8 winder/motor however. (expectation of the latter is
only by great faith) It works well and like most Leica accessories costs
a small fortune.

Bob