Subject: Re: [Leica] Universal handgrip/cable release
From: MSwiek@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 18:13:21 EST

There are at least three cable releass that fit the universal handgrip.  The
first one was #22219, which is a regular cable release, screwing into the
cable release socket of the regular shutter release on the camera.  This has
been discontinued.  The next one is #14189, and was intended for use with the
Leicaflex SL-MOT and SL-2 MOT cameras.  It again slips into the tunnel on hte
handgrip but has the proper large electrical connector to connect to the
lectric reelase socket on the Leicaflex motor. This, too, has been
discontinued.  The third type is #14237.  It is similar to the #14189, but has
the proper electical connector to connect to the lectic release socket of the
Motor Drive R-4, and I believe later R-series motors.  I am not sure if it is
still currently catalogued.

Mike Swiek