Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Thoughts for Solms on a new G
From: dannyg1 <dannyg1@IDT.NET>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 18:28:07 +0000

Ted,

> Be nice guys I had a really tough time yesterday, dropped my 70-180 2.8 and
> it bounced off a chair and landed on a carpeted floor.

I'm sure I can say, for both Jim and I, that we were both having fun and weren't
'making hay' <s>. I'm sorry to hear about your experience yesterday and want you to
know that I feel for you. There aren't many mishaps worse than hitting a 50/1 ,
hard, against a door (which I've done), but dropping a $5k lens? Yep, I'd be
screaming bloody murder as well.

Glad the lens survived (then again, it's built well enough to survive worse, I'll bet)
and that you did too.

Regards,
Danny Gonzalez