Subject: Re: [Leica] OFF TOPIC: Advice on Computer
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 23:24:24 -0700

Rest assured that it's perfectly normal to wonder if you could've gotten a
better computer, or at least a better deal on one!

The Mac's a good environment to work in, but bad Apple management has
resulted in a very tenuous market share lately (woe was the day they took
the Starmax Pro away), and it remains to be seen whether the software and
peripherals you want to run tomorrow will run under MacOS. For now, it's a
fair bet that Microsoft, Adobe and Quark will hang in there.

The G3 Power Macs really are fast, so more's the agony over the Mac's
situation. The Pentium II provides good performance overall, but it's really
not on the same level.

The only certainty in computer ownership is uncertainty :-)
Jeff