Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M6 Loading film
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 13:12:15 -0800

Jacques asked:

<snip>I have trouble loading the film with the M6. When I crank the film it
does not hook up properly. The insruction book is not clear - it says ;
PUSH FILM LEADER LEVEL WITH THE POST. What does it mean????
<snip>

That's an easy one to answer on Friday the 13th.  Inside the take up
"sprocket" of the M6 is a small spring.  When you push the film leader into
the take up sprocket, the spring seems to catch the film leader and keep it
firmly in place.  If you don't push enough of it into the center of this
sproket, the film will not get grabbed by and get pulled from the cassette.

This has only happended to me a few times.  Once you see it, you won't
forget it.  Th hard part is holding the baseplate between your teeth as you
change film.  Its hard not to look silly when doing this <bg>.

Happy shooting,

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, PA, USA