Subject: [Leica] Need Help With Travel Kit
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 14:01:02 -0800

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

I have noticed that more than a few of the photographers on this list
travel a bit.  I have been asked to lecture in Israel this May.  I hope to
take the rest of the week off for scuba diving in the Red Sea and then a
tour of Jerusalem and some other sites.  I've never been to Israel.  Big
dream for me.

I plan on taking two M6 bodies, a back-up Contax T2 or TVS and a few Leica
lenses in a beat up black F6 Domke bag.  The question is what lenses.  I
will be shooting B&W in one M6 and color chrome film in the other.

If you could take any group of Leica lenses with you for a once in a
lifetime trip, which ones would you recommend?  I'd take them all but I'd
need a porter to carry the camera bag.  One of greatest concerns is the
weight in carrying all of this equipment.  Yes I will insure all of it
before leaving. That Tri-Elmar looks promising but probably won't be ready
for this trip when I leave.

Thanks.

Happy shooting,

Richard