Subject: Re: [Leica] R4s Question
From: Don Bledsoe <drbledsoe@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 18:50:10 -0800 (PST)

Steve,
>> Since I don't have a manual for the camera. There is a knob on the
front left of the camera about the 8:00 position (this is looking at
the camera from the  front). What is the purpose of that knob?<<

That is the self timer.  Cock the shutter, turn the knob clockwise,
lightly press the shutter (not enough to trip the shutter, just
lightly as if you only wanted to turn the meter on) and that will
start the self timer going.  About 8-9 seconds later he shutter will
trip.  It is an electronic self timer so there is no buzz sound as on
an M or Leicaflex camera.

>>Question 2. The camera has next to the speed control know an
indicator that goes from M to A to A. It seems that the A's are
aperture priority (even though the book I have says the camera is a
shutter priority camera). What are the differences in the A's and
which is which?<<

Your R4s is aperture priority, not shutter.  Not sure what book you
have but it appears to be wrong.

The "A" inside the small silver circle is for aperture priority spot
metering.  The "A" in the larger silver square is aperture priority
evaluative (averaging) metering.  The M of course is manual.

>>What other hidden features are there that anybody can think of that
I should know. Thanking you in advance.<<

None I can thing of right off the top of my head but I hope this helps.

Don Bledsoe