Subject: Re: [Leica] R4s Question
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 22:40:29 -0600

At 08:52 PM 2/13/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Question 2. The camera has next to the speed control know an indicator that
>goes from M to A to A. It seems that the A's are aperture priority
>(eventhough the book I have says the camera is a shutter priority camera).
>What are the differences in the A's and which is which?

It's aperture priority. That's the main difference between an R4 and an
R4s. The R4 has program and shutter priority. The instruction book probably
says shutter programme or something like that maybe? Must be a poor
translation.

The round knob is a self timer. Turn it the direction the arrow on it
points and it sets it up for self-timing.

Other secrets. My favorite is when you load the film, put the leader in the
clips on the takeup spool first (emulsion facing you) and then swing the
film cassette around and into its place. Very easy, and much faster than
the other way. Make sure to catch the film leader at least a tiny bit
behind two of the clips. More sure to hold.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Profanity sucks.