Subject: Re: [Leica] Rollei QZ 35 : was new M7
From: "dbledsoe" <dbledsoe@micron.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 07:49:11 -0800

Lucien wrote:

>>Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that both the Rollei QZ35T and QZ35W are in
competition for the Grand Prix of the biggest commercial disaster.<<

Personally I think you are correct.  While these cameras may be technical
sophisticates to some extent, they are also the answer to a question no
seems to have asked.  From what I can tell  they appear to be little more
than over sized, over priced "point & shoots" for people with more money
than  than they really know what to do with.  US $2000.00 for a point &
shoot with slow lens that is not interchangeable?  A lens that juts out
ungainly from the front of the camera with all the grace and style  of an
anteater's nose?  And have you noticed how they don't seem to play on the
technical wonders of the Rollei or the merits of the lenses?  The attempted
draw seems to be that it is a "Porsche Design."  Just what I always wanted,
a camera designed by people with automobiles named like them.  Personally I
would prefer a real proletariot class camera, "Ford Truck Design" maybe?

>>I'm wondering who are the marketing wizzards behind that camera ?<<

I don't know but I sure hope Leica does not hire them to assist in the M7
design. :-)

Don Bledsoe
Boise Idaho