Subject: Re: [Leica] R4s Question
From: "dbledsoe" <dbledsoe@micron.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 07:19:59 -0800

Dale,

>>A couple weeks ago B&H sent me a tripod by FedEx

[snip]

>>Eli at Wall Street called yesterday(Thursday) and said my M6 .85 and lens
were ready and he would FedEx them to me.  He said they would be here
today(Friday

[snip some more]

>>But unfortunately they did not arrive today.  And  I do not have the
tracking number this time.  So somewhere between New York, NY and Seattle WA
there is a brand new Leica camera and lens looking for home. My home.<<

Oh boy.  None of this sounds to good to me.  I was was not at all happy that
my lens has become "among the disappeared" but figured it was most likely an
isolated case.  Now that seems less remote and something weird is going on.
In my case, FedEx can't find anything.  Tracking shows it left New York New
York station and then *** poof ***  it disappers from the face of the FedEx
network, possibly the earth.  And since I haven't heard of any FedEx planes
going down between New York and Seattle, I suspect something more sinister
at work here.  Black helicopters maybe? :-)

>>Now all I want to know is:  Does FedEx deliver on Saturdays?<<

They do but the question is will they?  To the best of my knowledge they
only deliver packages specifically marked for "Saturday Delivery" on
Saturdays.  I would not doubt that even if it is an overnight delivery that
doesn't make it over night, it won't be delivered until Monday.  I hope I am
wrong.  Next time I'll go UPS overnight because it sounds like FedEx has a
serious problem coming out of New York.  If nothing else, they have lost
credibility with me, though I am quite certain they won't lose much sleep
over that thought.

Be all of that as it may, I hope for the best for you in receiving your new
M6 HM & lens today.  Let us know how you like it (assuming of course that
you eventually get it). :-)

Regards,
Don Bledsoe
Boise Idaho