Subject: Re: [Leica] Why I like my M6
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 16:17:00 +0000

Dennis wrote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I seem to recall reading about an M3 used by the ship's photographer one
one of the luxury liners, QM or QE, being 'retired' in perfect working
condition when the ship was decommissioned, said M3 having taken over
1,000,000 one million! photos.

There were 3 M4s with 35 Summicrons bought in a recent auction by my local
dealer, they looked as if they'd swum the Atlantic rather than just taken
photos on acruise ship. They were 'hammered'! They still seemed to work but
looked like the dogs breakfast...
Too bad I didn't need one! He ended up 'restoring' them with new top plates
etc.

Jem