Subject: [Leica] 180 2.8 Apo Telyt
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 21:30:12 -0600

From a friend (Carsten Bockerman) on Compuserve came this message. He has
very close contacts with Leica, so I have not doubt this is true. Yipee!!!!
Looks like our speculations were right! Leica is getting smart in their
marketing, considering that I've heard the $1,400 180 2.8s are now in short
supply.

=====================

I just talked to a photographer who has visited Leica in Solms last week.
He told me there is a 180/2.8 APO-Telyt-R due out real soon. The fact that
I saw both the 180/3.4 and the current 180/2.8 heavily discounted at my
local dealer this morning sort of fits in the picture.

Carsten

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

HEADLINE:    Red Tape Holds Up New Bridge