Subject: Re: [Leica] M lenses on CL
From: Peterson_Art@hq.navsea.navy.mil
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 11:16:57 -0500

     Robert,

     Leica M lenses should have full mounting compatibility with the Leica
     CL (except for those lenses about which, as you noted, Leica provided
     warnings).  Leica advised that when using a 35mm lens on the CL, the
     picture frame should "approximate" (I think that's the word they used)
     the entire area of the CL's viewfinder (i.e., outside of the camera's
     40mm framelines).  When using the Tele-Elmarit, you may want to stop
     down to f/4.0 to ensure focusing accuracy, as you suggest, but I have
     used the Tele-Elmarit wide open on my CL many times without focusing
     problems (at least none that are apparent to me, although I do focus
     carefully in those instances).  I hope that helps.  Enjoy your trip!

     Art Peterson