Subject: [Leica] Time for an equipment roll-call ?
From: Robert Rose <RJR@usip.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 18:48:21 -0800

Chandos Michael Brown,

If this is your first day, why be so rude?

If you would shut up and listen, you will learn something.

Everything doesn't "need" a purpose, but in this case it does, and is fun to boot.

For example, last time we did a roll call I learned about the background of my friends, and they learned that I was a copyright lawyer.  Several threads developed on copyright issues.

If you see someone has a Noctilux, for example, you might drop him (or her, since we allow women into this locker room) a note and inquire about the lens.

We have silly stupid threads, and very serious ones such as the recent one about diffraction.  We jump at the chance to answer questions from (polite) newcomers.  No one forces you to read any thread that doesn't interest you.

One thing we don't have on the LUG is a flamer.

Maybe now we do.

Robert Rose

<I joined this list, from which I will soon resign, because I thought
I might learn something useful about Leicas.  Instead I encounter,
on my first day no less, the sort of locker-room, "I'll show you
mine if you'll show me yours," that so titilates male adolescents
and that is so repulsive a characteristic of Leica fetishism in
particular.

What's the point of this display?

Jeeze, I'm going back to rec.photo>