Subject: Re: [Leica] restore M4? and roll call
From: bfranson@greennet.net (Bill Franson)
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 07:37:52 -0500

I just sent my M4 #127xxxx to Leica Camera, NJ for an overhaul. It's a users
camera.  Estimate, $377 including parts and labor and return ship. Parts
were higher than normal due to replacement of leatherette. As has been said
before you can buy a leatherette replacement kit from leica and do it
yourself. I asked for an estimate on replacement of top plate, $415. I can
live with my dent. Call the service dept at Leica, 201-767-8303. They should
be able to tell you how much a bottom and rewind knob should cost. I would
think you could find a used bottom at a repair shop. Call around.

Roll Please

M4
M6
50mm f2