Subject: Re: [Leica] Anyone ever get an M2 re-leathered?
From: bfranson@greennet.net (Bill Franson)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 09:19:54 -0500

Gabe,
Whatever the substance is, Leica calls it "Housing Leather". I asked your
question earlier but about an M4. Apparently Leica has replacement kits for
M3s and M6s. You can buy ($40) and do the labor yourself, or send to Leica
and they will replace for you. Since my camera is already at Leica I'm
having them reskin it, Approx $80.00 including labor. I was intrigued though
by the suggestion of an NYC LUG member who reskinned his M3 with snakeskin
he purchased for $20.

Bill Franson