Subject: [Leica] M6 HM S/N Report
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 07:50:32 -0800

In an effort to support the historians among us, I propose that those who
have recently purchased new models of Leica cameras report the serial
numbers.

Reasons:
Historians and collectors need the data on S/N.  Leica used to publish
these numbers, or at least leak them out through various sources.  I
understand this has stopped. When it was available, it was at best an
indicator.  It was almost never accurate. It is now only available through
users.

The recent thread on the demise of the CL/CLE was in part debated upon
production figures, but those official records were corrected by LUG users
assistance.

It is the first time that a new Leica M model was released when there could
be a central pool of information available and real time communication to
add and review that information ( the Internet and LUG ).

The LUG members represent at least a 12% share of the first sales, which
implies that LUG members may be the only practical source of this
information.

Please either email me privately and I will re-post the numbers in entirety
or send the LUG List your S/N and I will repost the entire list for at
least as long as I get more S/N information.

If you see an advertising picture of a camera, report that S/N as well.

S/N To Date:
2,415,946 Europe
2,423,084 US
2,423,248 Europe

+2 USA, no S/N as yet reported
+2 Europe, no S/N as yet reported

Thank You

Do not auto-reply please reply to address below:

Frank Filippone
red735i@worldnet.att.net