Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 HMF User Report ( Long )
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 14:51:17 -0800

Alfred Breull wrote:

> Frank,
<snip>
> even the Noctilux does not take much of the frame.><snip>

Can used Noctilux lenses be found?  Are there different models, good
ones and better ones, and how much should they cost?

I do not find the HM viewfinder a serious problem for the 35mm lens.  I
do not require my glasses to "see" with.  I focus with my glasses on
then slide them on my forehead as I usually do when I am shopping, going
through the checkout line, etc. to frame the photograph. Unless I was in
a hurry and then I guess I just would not get the framing exactly
right.

And the increased magnification is an advantage for focusing and the
framing of the 90mm.

I am what Thomas Sowell in his "A Conflict of Visions" called a
constrained person.  I do not believe in solutions, only tradeoffs.
Dale
- --
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $