Subject: Re: [Leica] Wind-down noises
From: Vondauster@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 21:14:33 EST

In a message dated 98-02-18 20:52:44 EST, Dave Munroe wrote:

<< Lost among the many messages was a question from someone
 yesterday about the gear-train sounds that his M camera
 made after firing the shutter.  I have the same question.

 One of my M3's (a new acquisition I made in December) also
 has this sound.  It seems to be harmless and I'm tempted to
 ignore it, but I would like to know what's going on. >>

Dave, this noise is completely normal in the M Leica slow speed gear train.
Typically audible from 1 through 1/8th second, if your M does _not_ make this
noise at these speeds, it is probably time for a CLA.

Will von Dauster