Subject: Re: [Leica] M 90/2 Aspherical
From: dannyg1 <dannyg1@IDT.NET>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 04:12:11 +0000

Keith and Eric,
'
> I have seen the latest issue of Color Foto and while I haven't read it
> all, I saw only a review of the new M6HM and a picture (yes really!) of
> the Tri-Elmar.

I've yet to receive a reply from Bob Shell on a clarifying item (Like Eric, I thought
- -regrettably after posting the confirmation here- that it's very possible Mr Shell
thought I was speaking of the -many titled- M6HM.). I'll keep you all informed of
what he says. It does seem highly implausible that Color Foto could have tested and
printed a result on a camera we haven't heard a catalog # for,  as the news comes here
first _always.

That said, the gaff Eric spoke of was Mr Shell's announcement in late '96 of an M6
with an M6J viewfinder. He did get one or two of the details very wrong (it was
supposed to be an SE and be intro'd in '97) but he was the first to publish the news
and the real thing is only a year (or so) off schedule.

I'm hoping the M6E news is real but it's looking doubtful. My apologies for the
poor, though unintentional, timing of the newsflash.

Regards,
Danny Gonzalez