Subject: Re: [Leica] Classic Snapshot Setting help needed.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 20:48:34 -0600

At 10:27 PM 2/18/98 -0800, you wrote:

>"If using small apertures and small focal lengths you don't have to keep
>refocusing  for quick snapshots.  Work with the classic snapshot setting."

They're talking hyperfocal. If you stop down, to say f/11 with Tri-X or
other similarly fast film, and a reasonable shutter speed, like in pretty
bright light at f/11 say 1/250 or 1/500, then the depth of field will cover
many subjects front to back with adequate depth of field. Especially if you
use the depth of field marks (on those lenses that still have them). So you
won't have to focus for many subjects. Thus you can work faster.

I've done that once in the past six months.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Is reading in the bathroom considered Multi-Tasking?