Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 f1.4 Aspherical/ASPH/Ein Stuck
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 07:37:48 -0800

Bill... I need simplification....and a bit of help....

The lenses on the Ein Stuck have 2 concave elements.  I have established
that on 3 samples.

I was not an LHSA member at the time of the VF article you noted.  I can
not refer to any other characteristic of the lens than that I have noted to
discriminate differences.  However, I assure you, the lenses noted use
concave F+R elements.

Everyone seems to want to say that these lenses were NOT the rare versions,
but apparently there are only 2 versions of the 35 F1.4 aspheric lens...
the
Aspherical with 2 concave elements, and the ASPH with 1 concave element.

Repeating the first sentence, above, my conclusion is that the Ein Stuick
lenses, at least on the samples noted, using F+R concave optical elements,
are the rarer Aspherical lenses.

Now the help......Are you saying there is a third version with concave F+R
elements, but is an ASPH version?
How is that lens different from the other 2, noting we are talking about
optical design and physical properties, and to a much different degree,
although important, the markings on the lens?

If you will be kind enough to answer, I will check the 2 samples I have
access to.  Maybe we can definitively put this discussion to bed.

Thank You
Remove "ZZ" form auto reply address or
please reply to address below:

Frank Filippone