Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Topic - Contax G2 Review
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 00:25:48 +0100

At 10:45 20.02.1998 EST, you wrote:
>I appreciate your comments.  Thank you. Good Shooting.
>
>Tom (TEA)

In general , the VF/RF Contax looks fine to me, specially the black
version. So, one day I went into a shop to find out that she's an
automatic - which, in my understanding of photography, is some kind
of P&S derivate.

Though impressed by her shape, it was immediately evident to me, that I'd
never consider that "stuff" as a camera for me.

I became unsecure, when I was reading (very carfully) Marc's and Erwin's
mails on Zeiss 35 mm format lenses from some weeks ago. You remember -
best 21 mm (Biogon), best 35 mm (Distagon), best 85 mm (Sonnar).

Additionally, I have extremely good experiences myself with the 4.5/38
Biogon in the SWC and the 4/50 Flektogon from Zeiss Jena. I truely love
both lenses.

When I read your report, Tom, I finally got the chance to compare -
at least in my imagination - the M6 and the "Zeiss lens P&S body"
again.

I truely appreciated your description, though it says more positive
on the Contax than I would have said.

Alf