Subject: Re: [Leica] red dot blues
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 16:56:34 -0800

>If you have a chrome M6 body, you can take a bit of acetone to the dreaded
>red dot.  The red comes right out and leaves a silvered background which
>blends in nicely with the chrome finish.  The result is much nicer than the
>silver duct tape solution.
>
>If I had a black body, I would attack the red dot with black nail polish.

I have really got to say... why in the hell would anyone do this to a
thoroughbred camera. And then tell the LUG world that they did it! You know
what is going through a lot of our minds right now. I don't have to spell
it out. That's on a par with not using a Leica in the farm lands of India.
The farmers might think that you are better off than they are (hello
Oddmund). Maybe I should grind off the MontBlanc symbol on the top of my
pens & pencil. There are in my shirt pocket for me to use, but some poor
sole might see them. Heaven forbid. Where's that grinder.

The thought of defacing a thoroughbred is disgusting. Now if it were a
Nikon or Namiki (pen) logo, I'd be after it with a hack saw. That's like
junk food. You don't want anyone to see you buy it, much less use (eat) it.

Jim