Subject: Re: [Leica] Out Damn Dot
From: cmbrow@mail.wm.edu
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 14:40:47 +0000

Actually this thread has provoked a warmly nostalgic recollection of
a pleasant afternoon I spent in Albuquerque in the fall of '73
*completely* covering the chrome of my M3 with black slide-masking
tape.  Took about four hours, lasted about three years, and the
thing looked so incredibly cool that my photog. classmates took to
covering *their* SLRs the same way.  I can't quite recall why I felt
the need to do this, but, what the heck . . .  It's the closest I'll
ever come to founding a *school* of photography.

Chandos Michael Brown

> If we don't stop talking about the red dot, Chandos will leave (with
> justification), Oddmund and Roger Beamon will return to argue, and the
> spirit of great Leica photographers past will come back to haunt us all.
> With someone's advice to use a skate sharpening compound on the dot, I will
> venture to say that
> Tanya may even try to get Nancy Kerrigan again.  Down with the dot debate!
>
> John McLeod

College of William and Mary
cmbrow@mail.wm.edu
voice:  757-221-1271