Subject: Re: [Leica] Adorama 21mm and 28 lenses
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 19:45:12 -0500

The rating says more about POP Photo than the lens. I used the 21mm for
exactly one roll of film. I can't begin to discuss the sharpness, because
there wasn't any. The image reminded me of the generally soft non-discript
images I got from a Vivitr 80-200 zoom I owned in the mid 70s. Every lens
I've used from Nikon or Canon in the last ten years has shown better
results. My M6 was mad a me for a month just for mounting that thing on it.

This is one case where you don't get what you pay for. At $600-800 the 21mm
is overpriced by at least half. Sigma could make a better lens for $150.

Tom

PS: I have a slide from it somewhere around here. If you would like I could
scan it and send you a copy. I think you'll be able to see the murky
quality of the lens even on a 72DPI file.