Subject: [Leica] Jazz Shoot Terminus
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 00:51:14 -0500

Alas, but I believe I have hit my end on this project.  I sweated blood for
some weeks, shot a bunch of negatives, and printed them.  I had the
selection of what I saw as the best at hand this evening to show the band
leader.

My ex-wife forced her way by my office, early, and flipped through the
stack. Ignoring the good pictures, she flipped up the ones I had printed
solely to show that I needed another shoot with this vocalist -- my most
difficult subject, one who fussed every time I turned her way, to tell the
band leader she did NOT want pictures shot!

My ex-wife simply sneered and snapped, "I know her.  She is a LOT prettier
than that."  I asked, "what of the other pictures?"  And she said, "dull.
They didn't catch my attention."

She and the bandleader are two of a kind, gentle, otherworldly, and
spiritual.  I know the bandleader through her.  (He is a retired optical
engineer, if that provides any hint to this Assembled Multititude.)

I will probably send the bandleader what I have shot to date with a suave
note indicating that I cannot do better and suggesting that he hire a REAL
photographer, one with REAL gear like Nikon.  And, of course, remitting my
fee.

I feel utterly defeated.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315