Subject: [Leica] Jazz Shoot Terminus
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 02:30:42 -0500

Marc wrote:

<<<I will probably send the bandleader what I have shot to date with a
suave note indicating that I cannot do better and suggesting that he hire a
REAL photographer, one with REAL gear like Nikon.  And, of course,
remitting my fee.     I feel utterly defeated.>>>>>>>

Marc,

No! No! No! A hell of an attitude for a fine Leica photographer like you.:)

Here's what you do! First double the fee, that's a given!  When you give
him the pictures it's all upbeat bloody marvelous images and because you
did such a great job on his, you have been booked to shoot ((( name some
wild off the wall group)))) and spit it out like it's just an everyday
occurance.

<<<My ex-wife simply sneered and snapped, "I know her.  She is a LOT
prettier than that."  I asked, "what of the other pictures?"  And she said,
"dull. They didn't catch my attention.">>>>>>>

Geeeeeeeeeeeesh!!! She doesn't count anymore in making comments about your
work, particularly if they are put downs like that! Forget it me old son. A
mere passing comment from a simple woman.

Look man, just blow in there all balls and bravado and don't take any
mickey mouse crap about the work. If you go in there down at the mouth and
making excuses etc. your are going to be meat to the sharks and they'll eat
you alive.

Think positive, the greatest images man ever created! Attitude!

This is the way lousy photographers  ((NOT YOU)) :)  get incredible
assignments and when they don't deliver they just roll with it in their
style. Make noises about how great it is and the next time they wont be
able to afford you and be damn lucky I only charged you the little I did!

The subject of the photographs is just totally overwhelmed and they
capitulate without anything else other than agreeing with you they've never
had such great pictures of themselves. And if they don't, just sneer at
them, make a rude comment and walk out in an attitude of "what the hell do
you know anyway!"

Besides they sound like klutzes I wouldn't want to shoot again anyway! :)

And really forget the ex-wife comments !  Now just stay cool and if you
haven't charged them enough in the first place and doubling it doesn't make
it  look outrageous, triple it!  More money makes it look better. :) Be
cool as though we are talking about a $1.98 and it isn't a great amout of
money for the talents of such a fine shooter. :)  Attitude man! Your good!
think good!  None of this negative stuff, bad vibes baby do you no good.

Get in there and kick ass! get your money!
ted