Subject: Re: [Leica] Jazz Shoot Terminus
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:26:03 -0500

Hans wrote:

<<<But guess what, instead of using the good pictures they had bought
earlier, they ran this awful picture on the front page as well as the news
stands all over the country. I felt very bad that day, also on behalf of
the mother involved.>>>>

Hi Hans,

Two things come to mind:

1/ We are often our own worst critics. Because we are, sometimes we do not
see the real impact of the content or overall image as seen by others. And
that effects our selection and theirs.

The question to ask: If the pictures weren't effective, meaning you did
more than an admirable shoot, then the picture wouldn't have made all those
front page papers! :)

2/  The above doesn't always apply when we have to deal with visually
challenged editors and art directors! :) Most of them don't care if you
used a widget exposure camera or Leica. :)

ted