Subject: [Leica] Off-Topic: DoubleTake Magazine
From: Dave Myers <myers@bluelake.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 22:35:11 -0500

Hello...

I just got my first issue of DoubleTake magazine, a quarterly magazine
of photography and literature.

You might know about it.

There are a couple of pieces that might be of interest to some of you.
First, an article about W. Eugene Smith's Pittsbugh project -- the one
he undertook in 1955 after he left Life magazine.  There are some never
before published images and a picture of Smith holding what looks like
an early Leica with a 90mm f4(?).  The photographs are exceptional.

Also, an essay by Barry Lopez entitled "Learning to See," an
autobiographical piece about how he dropped photography to devote all of
his energies to writing.

The magazine is beautiful.

DoubleTake
PO Box 56070